Welcome to the Jubilee Foundation
A Ministry of Heart Church
We seek to demonstrate the love of Christ, through the provision of financial assistance to people...
- struggling with debt
- suffering poor health
- disadvantaged by life’s circumstances or
- trapped in a cycle of poverty
The Jubilee Foundation exists primarily as a tool for people who are not yet members of Heart Church congregation. The purpose is to equip members of Heart Church congregation with finance to be able to step in and help people in our workplaces, schools, colleges and communities.
The Jubilee Foundation wants to aim in four particular directions
Meet financial needs where the public sector has been exhausted, primarily
- In support of cancer patients and those impacted by other significant illnesses
- In support of mental health organisations/projects
- Working with organisations helping children e.g. those in care
Support those seeking to escape debt, primarily through the work of ChaNGe Debt advice by
- Funding 1 day per week of a CDA advisor
- Funding emergency client needs, particularly where children are involved
- Helping to fund debt prevention measures such as budgeting courses
Help those who, regardless of the cause, find themselves in a disadvantaged circumstance by
- Providing limited financial support to help address a specific need
Attempt to alleviate the misery of poverty by
- Supporting charitable organisations and partnerships with Heart Nottingham
- Supporting ‘back to work’ initiatives as appropriate
It is important to understand that even if the Jubilee Foundation terms of reference are met this is no guarantee of a successful application.
Doing good to all
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Galatians 6 (NIV)
Submit an Application
- Do I qualify to submit an application? I.E. I am a member of Heart Church congregation wanting to help someone who isn’t?
- Agree to respect the final decision of the Jubilee Foundation as we may say ‘no’. There are some things we are not able to help with, such as paying people’s debts or any criminal fines etc.
- We really want the personal touch and not just writing cheques! You understand that, where ever possible, you will speak to the person and try to help them i.e. if you ask us to buy some shopping for someone that you go to the supermarket with them.
- That you are prepared to give the recipient a JF card which we will provide.
If you understand all of the above please fill in the application form below giving as much detail as possible.
We will aim to respond to you within 2 weeks.